Reporting Your IHSS Income

Failure to Report Income May Be Considered Fraud!

If you are an In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Provider and you receive services including, but not limited to:

  • Cal WORKS, food stamps, general relief, Medi-Cal, unemployment insurance, disability, Social Security pension, housing authority, HUD, Section 8, or college financial aid

Your IHSS earnings may affect your benefits.  It is your responsibility and duty as an IHSS Provider to report your earnings to the appropriate agency.  It is NOT the responsibility of the Orange County IHSS Public Authority staff, or IHSS staff to report to any of these agencies on your behalf. 

If you have any questions regarding an employment verification letter to provide for one of these agencies, please contact the IHSS Accounting Unit at 714-825-3251.  An employment verification letter may only be issued AFTER you have received your initial timesheets or have payroll activity.  You may also call the agency that administers your benefits about their requirements on reporting of earnings.